2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
Tina (Chef #218676)'s Note:
This is a Show-Piece Dish that not only looks spectacular but also has a fantasitic blend of flavors. Serves particularly well for company dinners, holidays and special family celebrations. Stuffing is easy to make- you can use a boxed version such as Stovetop for the prepared stuffing, and add to it the other ingredients listed. You may need to order the crown roast ahead of time from the butcher, and ask for it to be "frenched" (this removes the meat from the tips of the bones on top of the crown- although this step can be done at home too).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 lbs rib roast, apprx (16 ribs)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 cups prepared cornbread stuffing
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) jars sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1Combine the salt, pepper, garlic& worcestershire and rub into the roast.
- 2Wire or tie ends of roast into a crown shape.
- 3Place roast on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- 4Cover ends of bones with foil so they don't burn.
- 5Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1.5 hours.
- 6In the meantime, saute celery and onion in butter until tender in a Dutch oven.
- 7Stir in prepared stuffing (made according to directions on box), corn, mushrooms, salt, poultry seasoning and remaining pepper until moist.
- 8Loosely spoon 1-3 cups into center of roast.
- 9Place remaining stuffing in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 10Bake roast and stuffing an additional 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and juices run clear and stuffing is hot.
- 11Transfer roast to serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes.Cut between ribs to serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1246.5
- Calories from Fat 933
- Total Fat 103.7 g
- Saturated Fat 42.9 g
- Cholesterol 213.4 mg
- Sodium 857.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 46.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: