Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
This is a Show-Piece Dish that not only looks spectacular but also has a fantasitic blend of flavors. Serves particularly well for company dinners, holidays and special family celebrations. Stuffing is easy to make- you can use a boxed version such as Stovetop for the prepared stuffing, and add to it the other ingredients listed. You may need to order the crown roast ahead of time from the butcher, and ask for it to be "frenched" (this removes the meat from the tips of the bones on top of the crown- although this step can be done at home too).
- 7 lbs rib roast, apprx (16 ribs)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 cups prepared cornbread stuffing
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) jars sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Combine the salt, pepper, garlic& worcestershire and rub into the roast.
- Wire or tie ends of roast into a crown shape.
- Place roast on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Cover ends of bones with foil so they don't burn.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1.5 hours.
- In the meantime, saute celery and onion in butter until tender in a Dutch oven.
- Stir in prepared stuffing (made according to directions on box), corn, mushrooms, salt, poultry seasoning and remaining pepper until moist.
- Loosely spoon 1-3 cups into center of roast.
- Place remaining stuffing in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake roast and stuffing an additional 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and juices run clear and stuffing is hot.
- Transfer roast to serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes.Cut between ribs to serve.