Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These potatoes have a rich, creamy cheesy stuffing. Cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese can be substituted for the manchego. Cooking time includes the time for cooking the potatoes. Serving size is one potato half per person.
- Place the potatoes in pot with cold water, and cook until almost tender, about 25 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and cut in half. Scoop out center of the potatoes, being careful not to pierce skin.
- Mix the scooped-out potato with half the cream cheese, the bacon, half the manchego cheese, the corn and salt and pepper to taste. Fill the potato skins with the mixture. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree the rest of the cream cheese with the onion, and the milk.
- Place the filled filled potatoes in a serving platter and pour the cream cheese sauce over them. Sprinkle the remaining manchego cheese and cilantro and serve.