Recipe by Piaqua
From Guy Fieri's Big Bite on Food Network
Top Review by 2Bleu
We just saw this episode on TFN today, and so glad to find it here! One TFN website, there are currently 30 reviews, average 5 stars, so I can't wait to make these! The reviewers have some pretty good ideas for additions such as crumbled bacon, crabmeat, and shredded chicken. They all say to read instructions first as the butter is divided but the recipe doesn't state it. Thanks for posting the recipe. :)
- 2 ears sweet corn, shucked and removed from the cob
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, minced
- 3 tablespoons sweet onions, diced
- 10 fresh basil leaves (chiffonade)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg, ground
- 6 ounces ricotta cheese, room temp
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saute pan, add in corn, red bell pepper and onion.
- Let saute until onion is translucent and corn has released some of it's sugars.
- Add in 1/2 of the basil leaves and a couple of twists of black pepper. Add in 1/4 cup heavy cream and reduce by half. Set aside to cool.
- When cool, smash up a bit with a fork, stir in ricotta and cream cheese.
- Place wonton wrappers down (three at a time works) and in the center of each, place 1 1/2 t filling.
- Brush exposed wrapper with egg yolk, carefully place a second wrapper on top and carefully seal edges, making sure to get out any air bubbles.
- Cut with round cutter (if desired), work fingers around edges to make sure seal is tight. Set aside on floured baking sheet and continue to assemble.
- When finished, boil water and gently add raviolis a few at a time, cooking for 2 minutes or until they float. Carefully remove and drain.
- For Sauce: In clean saute pan, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter, when melted, add in remaining basil, saute until crisp and butter is just very lightly browning.
- Add in remaining cream and reduce to thickened. Salt and pepper to taste, serve over raviolis immediately.
- Garnish with Parmesan.