1/1 Photo of Corn Spoon Bread from Scratch
1 hr 15 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
No Jiffy mix and no shortening!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spoon cornmeal into heavy-bottomed pan and gradually add 1 cup milk, mixing to blend completely.
- 2Add remaining 1 cup milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- 3Remove from heat; stir in butter, salt, red pepper flakes, and corn.
- 4Season to taste with pepper and stir in eggs.
- 5Cook over low heat until thick, about 5 minutes.
- 6Spoon into buttered 1-quart glass baking dish and bake at 350°F until firm, raised and lightly browned, about 1 hour.
- 7Remove from oven and serve immediately, as spoon bread will deflate. Makes 2 entree servings.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Spoon Bread from Scratch
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.1
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 276.1 mg
- Sodium 1156.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 19.3 g