Recipe by pink cook
I have this good recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman Southern comfort food to share here. Enjoy it.
Top Review by Ochiyasnie
Good recipe! I've tried it twice now with good results despite not using the whipping cream or sour cream (first time I replaced with buttermilk and second time with milk). I also added 250g chedder and chili flakes. My only problem is that it doesn't specify baking dish size... First time it was a bit dry because the baking dish (~12x8 in) was probably too large and second is in the oven (round casserole dish ~8 in). I will try it with the correct ingredients next time. :)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (or use evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet whole kernel corn, undrained (or use fresh or frozen corn kernels)
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, chopped jalapenos or red pepper, if you like
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients in separate bowls, and then combine them. Add salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Pour into a greased 8-9 inch square pan or 10 inch cast iron skillet, or 1-1/2 quart casserole baking dish. Top with small dabs of butter (about 2 or 3 tablespoons).
- Bake at 350ºF. for 50-55 minutes, or until golden brown and get set in the middle, (To test, give it a shake, it shouldn't jiggle too much in the middle when it's ready).
- UPDATE NOTE: I made the correction in Step 2 for the baking size pan for 12 servings, and added optional ingredients according with a review posted below.
- Thanks for letting me know, for your suggestions and reviews.