Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I have this good recipe from The Pioneer Woman Southern comfort food to share here. Enjoy it.
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (or use evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (or use liquid margarine)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet whole kernel corn, undrained (or use fresh or frozen corn kernels)
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, chopped jalapenos or red pepper, if you like
- Mix the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients in separate bowls, and then combine them. Add salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Pour into a greased 8-9 inch square pan or 10 inch cast iron skillet, or 1-1/12 quart casserole baking dish. Top with small dabs of butter (about 2 or 3 tablespoons).
- Bake at 350ºF. for 50-55 minutes, or until golden brown and get set in the middle, (To test, give it a shake, it shouldn't jiggle too much in the middle when it's ready).
- UPDATE NOTE: I made the correction in Step 2 for the baking size pan for 12 servings, and added optional ingredients according with a review posted below. Thanks for letting me know.
Good recipe! I've tried it twice now with good results despite not using the whipping cream or sour cream (first time I replaced with buttermilk and second time with milk). I also added 250g chedder and chili flakes. My only problem is that it doesn't specify baking dish size... First time it was a bit dry because the baking dish (~12x8 in) was probably too large and second is in the oven (round casserole dish ~8 in). I will try it with the correct ingredients next time. :)
I made this last night for my husban and son, they almost ate the entire dish. Will be using this recipe everytime I make corn casserole!
Delicious!!! Wow! Love this recipe-I needed some thing to make with left over corn. Thanks Pinky Kookie