1 hr 5 mins
pink cook's Note:
I have this good recipe from The Pioneer Woman Southern comfort food to share here. Enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (or use evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (or use liquid margarine)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet whole kernel corn, undrained (or use fresh or frozen corn kernels)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, chopped jalapenos or red pepper, if you like
- 1Mix the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients in separate bowls, and then combine them. Add salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- 2Pour into a greased 8-9 inch square pan or 10 inch cast iron skillet, or 1-1/12 quart casserole baking dish. Top with small dabs of butter (about 2 or 3 tablespoons).
- 3Bake at 350ºF. for 50-55 minutes, or until golden brown and get set in the middle, (To test, give it a shake, it shouldn't jiggle too much in the middle when it's ready).
- 4UPDATE NOTE: I made the correction in Step 2 for the baking size pan for 12 servings, and added optional ingredients according with a review posted below. Thanks for letting me know.
Browse Our Top 3 Steps Or Less Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All 3 Steps Or Less Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Spoon Bread Casserole from Scratch
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.6
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.4 mg
- Sodium 504.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g