Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From BHG Magazine - Thanksgiving 2006.
Make and share this Corn Spoon Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, bring 2 cups of the milk and the corn to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining milk and the cornmeal.
- Whisking constantly, slowly add the mixture to the boiling milk. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the butter, thyme, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Transfer to a buttered casserole or cast-iron skillet.
- Bake until golden and set, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Glaucia, this was SO good. The rosemary really hits the spot and it was so easy to throw together. I made half a recipe and baked it in a smaller pyrex glass casserole dish. Thanxs for sharing!