Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Deliciously moist and incredibly easy to make!
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Stir together all ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
I don't care for corn bread, but I made this for my MIL and BIL, both Southerners. They dubbed it, "The best corn bread they've ever eaten!" That's high praise! Thanks for sharing, Rosie.
The first time I had spoon bread was a a pot luck about a month ago. It was so delicious, that I just had to add it to my Thanksgiving menu! I searched for a recipe that did not include cheese and was had a slight sweet flavor. Yours fit the bill, but I also added 1/4 cup of sugar (to make it sweeter). This was so delicious and a hit on Thanksgiving! The leftovers were even better! This will definitely not be one of those just on Thanksgiving recipes though, I will be making this throughout the year - and may just take it to my next pot luck! :-)
This too is excellent corn bread. I made it with a gluten-free mix. Very nice, as posted. For a change, you could add cheese and/of canned chili peppers.