Recipe by rosewater
the corn gives the dish that sweet tatse and the spices are not overwhelming. Anybody looking for an easy, quick and tasty recipe for rice...this is it!
Top Review by KWB
This made a nice change from just plain rice. Used brown rice, fresh spinach, ground cinnamon and doubled the turmeric powder. I was a bit concerned it would taste "too eastern" and not match the rest of my menu last night (cabbage salad, creamed chicken and mushrooms), but it did great. Thanks rosewater! This is a keeper!
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1 cup spinach (thawed)
- 1 small onion, sliced into moon shaped rings
- 1 cup rice (I use basmati)
- 2 black peppercorns
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 green cardamoms (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- warm oil.
- Add peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom,cloves.
- Stir for a minute.
- Add onions& turmeric and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the corn, spinach and salt and mix well.
- Add rice.
- Mix again.
- Add 2 cups of hot water and let it come to a boil.
- Put a lid and let cook on very low heat for 20 minutes.