Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is so easy to make it's insane! My mother used to get me to throw this together at her house by just telling me what to put in the pan, mix it and put it in the oven. You can add meat if you like, but we keep it simple. I use no salt added canned corns and light/fat free cheeses but you can use regular if you wish. You can add garlic or herbs...whatever is to your liking...it's that versatile! Great for potlucks!
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, Low Salt, do not drain
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn, Low Salt
- 1 (8 ounce) box spaghetti noodles, uncooked, broken into peices
- 4 ounces cream cheese, Fat-Free, cut into cubes
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, Fat-Free, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, medium finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- salt & pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together put into a 13x9 inch baking pan (use cooking spray) and bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes. When you first put this into the pan it will be a very soupy consistency. Cooking times may vary depending on where you live. This should feel firm to the touch (like Baked Mac n' Cheese) in the center and lightly browned on the top. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Fast, delicious and unique recipe! The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is that there were lots of non-cooked noodle on top. I added crushed red pepper and dry mustard and used a little less cream cheese. We really enjoyed the flavor and textures, except the crunchy pasta. Next time I'll try stirring it while baking and see if that solves the problem. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I used vacuum packed corn and since it barely had any liquid in it, I used a little more milk (5 oz can) and water (used the milk can to measure 5 oz). Otherwise followed the recipe but didn't add any salt as I used regular sodium (not low salt) corn(s). I love casseroles that don't require pre-cooking the pasta but the other ones I've made have used elbow noodles which were much easier to incorporate. I had a lot of trouble stirring this together with the broken spaghetti noodles so next time I would put the spaghetti (broken) into the casserole dish, stir together everything else, then pour over and stir the pasta into it. I baked covered with foil for 40 minutes then uncovered for 15 minutes. The creamed corn made it a little sweeter than I expected but more fresh pepper on top and a little hot mustard helped that for me. Thanks for sharing!