Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I really have no idea where I got this one- I think my mom came up with it when I was young and taught it to me, but I make it monthly; it's my favorite :) I usually have these ingredients lying around the house, so it's a quick fix.
- 4 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 8 (15 ounce) cans chicken stock (use 4 if they're the "add water" kind)
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil (roughly- maybe a little less)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (roughly- maybe a little less)
- 3 eggs
- Put your chicken stock and creamed corn in a pot and heat until at a rolling boil.
- Add the sesame oil and soy sauce (it's really to taste, but I put my estimates up. I use a lot).
- Beat your eggs in a seperate bowl. (You can use only the whites to lower the fat content if you'd like- the result is the same).
- Wait until your pot gets boiling again and pour in your eggs VERY slowly in a thin stream, while stirring quickly, to feather them.
- You're done! Depending on how boiling your soup was when you poured in your eggs, they will either make thin steaks (if boiling) or will just thicken the soup by making it homogeneously eggy (if not quite boiling). It's great either way, so no worries :).
This is a very nice soup that I will make again and again. The whole family loved if so 12 thumbs up around our table. I'd like to add here, that I feel it is very unfair to rate a recipe as unsatisfactory when it's been changed so drastically as to no long resemble the original post. Thanks you Cherry Pi Gal for an awesome contribution to the Zaar collection!
This soup was delicious! I loved the egg- it gave it some definite drama :) Didn't change the recipe at all, since the previous reviewer who *did* change it got bad results... SO easy- I'll be making this again :) Thanks
this soup was great!! i didnt change the recipe at ALL, and got a really good delicate but flavorful soup :) and i put in a lot of the soy sauce/sesame oil like you said... my kids loved it too! will be making this again. thanks!!!!!