- 4 ears corn, large ears, kernels scraped from the cob
- 5 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white potato, diced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the corn, water, chicken or vegetable bouillon, garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro, potatoes and scallions in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for approximately 8 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Remove from heat. Purée the soup in a blender and return to the pot, add the cream and heat over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into bowls, garnish with cilantro and potato sticks.