Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fernandos' Restaurant in Omaha, NE.
- 236.59 ml green onion, sliced
- 236.59 ml bell pepper, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 591.47 ml corn, cooked
- 1182.95 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- Saute onion and pepper in butter until tender.
- Blend corn with 1 cup broth; puree.
- In saucepan, stir corn puree and 4 cups broth together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 & 1/2 and bring to a boil.
- Serve immediately.
Made this when my vegetarian son & DIL were here, so instead of chicken broth I used a homemade vegetable stock that I had & that worked just fine in the simple but tasty chicken soup! Will make it again, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]