Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fernandos' Restaurant in Omaha, NE.
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn, cooked
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Saute onion and pepper in butter until tender.
- Blend corn with 1 cup broth; puree.
- In saucepan, stir corn puree and 4 cups broth together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 & 1/2 and bring to a boil.
- Serve immediately.
Made this when my vegetarian son & DIL were here, so instead of chicken broth I used a homemade vegetable stock that I had & that worked just fine in the simple but tasty chicken soup! Will make it again, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]