Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Suprisingly delicious. I stole this recipe from a friend a few years ago.
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar bacon bits
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- Combine hash browns, water, corn, salt, pepper, and bacon in soup pot and bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend in sour cream and cheddar soup.
- Remove from heat, mix together, and return to heat before serving.
I halved this and used light sour cream. I was afraid the short cook time wouldn't be enough but it was perfect. A little salty but otherwise tasty. Thanks for sharing! [Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef]