Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
ummmm.....corn souffle (no cornbread mix)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) can creamed corn (14-16 oz size)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- With electric mixer beat eggs until foamy.
- Beat in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into greased 8" square baking dish.
- Bake on center rack of preheated 400~ oven 35 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
I like Stouffers, and this tastes just like it. This recipe will save me some major bucks because the corn souffle is one of the products I buy. The ingredients were all things that I keep on hand. To kick it up sometime, you could add a dash of chile powder and cut back on the sugar. Thanks so much for posting this wonderful tasting, easy to assemble dish. I have this one in my t&t cookbook.
This is great! I get Stoufer's every once in a while for DH, but I don't care for it much. This tho is WONDERFUL! And the leftovers are great sliced and fried for breakfast. For variety how about some diced Ortega or roasted red peppers?
This is awesome, but try addidng one box of jiffy cornbread mix leave out the sugar and the cornstarch and the salt and try it again....