Recipe by Holly in Florida
This recipe came from my aunt who is a fabulous cook! She made this every year for Thanksgiving and I use it for any special occasion. The recipe can easily be cut in half to feed about 6-8 people. I have also used fat free sour cream with no difference in taste.
Top Review by MPHT
Outstanding! My boyfriend and I had a sweet corn souffle at a restaurant and it was delicious. I wanted to be able to make it at home. The 1st recipe I tried was awful. This is perfect! Just the right amount of sweetness from the creamed corn. I halved the recipe and now I'm sorry I did. Sooooo yummy! Update - I went to make this one night and only had a can of sweet corn kernels (not creamed corn). I drained most of the liquid and used that instead. It was still delicious anyway!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the 1/2 cup of butter in a large casserole dish in the microwave.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl until moistened.
- Pour into the casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until it is golden brown on top.
- Bake a little longer for a more cake-like consistency or a little less if you want it more like a pudding.