Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from my aunt who is a fabulous cook! She made this every year for Thanksgiving and I use it for any special occasion. The recipe can easily be cut in half to feed about 6-8 people. I have also used fat free sour cream with no difference in taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the 1/2 cup of butter in a large casserole dish in the microwave.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl until moistened.
- Pour into the casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until it is golden brown on top.
- Bake a little longer for a more cake-like consistency or a little less if you want it more like a pudding.
Outstanding! My boyfriend and I had a sweet corn souffle at a restaurant and it was delicious. I wanted to be able to make it at home. The 1st recipe I tried was awful. This is perfect! Just the right amount of sweetness from the creamed corn. I halved the recipe and now I'm sorry I did. Sooooo yummy! Update - I went to make this one night and only had a can of sweet corn kernels (not creamed corn). I drained most of the liquid and used that instead. It was still delicious anyway!
Absolutely loved this recipe. I have tried several corn souffle recipes. I added about a teaspoon and a half of sugar and about six ounces of shredded cheese. I loved that this recipe makes more than the usual corn souffle recipes. Adults and kids alike were raving about the corn souffle.....very yummy!
This is so delicious and easy to make! We made it for Thanksgiving and everybody loved it. I am bringing it to a friend's house tonight as a side dish and my kids have asked me to make it for Christmas dinner, too! This dish is impressive and super tasty; I am going to tweak it by adding some green chiles for tonight's Mexican themed dinner.