Recipe by BeckyF
This is not a classic souffle, which would need to be served immediately, but a version of a product called a souffle.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can salt-free cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon corn oil margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large egg whites, beaten until stiff but not dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a 2 1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the egg whites.
- Fold in the egg whites and pour into the prepared dish Bake the souffle until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Allow it to rest 5 minutes before serving.