Recipe by M Messer
This is not only fairly easy, but if you have all of stuff ready can be thrown together in the microwave and it's done in 12-15 minutes. I got it when I bought my Panasonic microwave way back in the 70's. It is very good & very different.
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped (med to large)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-1/2 to 3 qt casserole dish, toss celery and green pepper in oil.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add all rest of ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly, cover and cook on medium high until done for 9-10 minutes (I think).
- That's a guess, you'll have to check to make sure everything is done and hot.
- This is also good cold.
- I use it when we have block parties or large picnics.