Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is not only fairly easy, but if you have all of stuff ready can be thrown together in the microwave and it's done in 12-15 minutes. I got it when I bought my Panasonic microwave way back in the 70's. It is very good & very different.
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped (med to large)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- In 2-1/2 to 3 qt casserole dish, toss celery and green pepper in oil.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add all rest of ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly, cover and cook on medium high until done for 9-10 minutes (I think).
- That's a guess, you'll have to check to make sure everything is done and hot.
- This is also good cold.
- I use it when we have block parties or large picnics.
good stuff. could easily be a vegetarian main dish served over brown rice.
Hey this was really yummy! My husband and I really enjoyed this. I didn't use celery as I'm not a huge fan and whatever I don't use usually goes to waste, and I really don't like to waste food. But it didn't matter because this was still very good! I also used a big handful of fresh mushrooms from an 8 oz package and chopped them up since the canned kind just didn't sound good to me. I also used a 14oz bag of corn since I couldn't find the 10oz, but it all came out perfect. This is a great side dish for beef or chicken and goes good with salad or taco-seasoned ground beed. I look forward to making this again and again! Fast, healthy and tasty. Great combination! Blessings in JESUS!
This was very easy to make and it was really good my husband and I had it for supper one night and got up the next morring and my son had ate the hole dish he really like it. Thanks so much.