Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This came from the Dare Cracker site(www.15minutestofame.com), with some minor changes. It's always a hit. Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup cooked shrimp, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- tortilla chips, preferably the bowl shaped ones
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients, except chips. Add salt to taste.
- Refrigerate to let flavors blend, 4-24 hours.
- Garnish with thinly sliced red onion and whole shrimp.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Optional: If you want more heat, add a dash or two of your favorite hot sauce, but make sure you let the flavors blend first. Salsas often get hotter the longer they stand.