Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a favorite family recipe, we make this often on cold wintry days. It is very easy to make and can also be made in a crock pot to take to family gatherings.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 lb smoked link sausage
- 16 ounces creamed corn
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 quart milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large sauce pan melt butter, stir in the flour and blend thoroughly.
- Cut the sausage into 1/4" slices and add to the sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and potato soup.
- Stir in the milk and cheese.
- Turn back to a low heat and simmer for 35 minutes. Stir occasionally.
This was delicious. I was leery about the extremely high sodium level. I used no-salt creamed corn, low sodium potato soup and non smoked link sausage.
Simply amazing-----Will add this to my favorites for future use.