Recipe by Pets'R'us
I think this is great!! It took me a while to get it right but I am proud of the result. So far as I tested the scrub it does not separate like most scrubs do, making it easier to use. For the oil you can use the lighter oils like almond, jojoba or grapeseed, olive oil can also be used and you will probably have that in your kitchen cupboard. The essential oil is optional and so is the vitamin E. The vitamin E does work as an extra preservative, the salt does that too, and is also very good for your skin, but it does make it more expensive. Great gift!
Top Review by BeachGirl
WoW, this is a nice scrub! I flavored the scrub with peppermint oil. What an exhiliarating feeling! I plan to keep this in my shower! I'm delighted to have this recipe for a great body exfoliate! Thanks so much, PetsRus!
- 1 cup fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup fine cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄4 cup oil, of your own choice
- 1⁄4 bath soap
- 5 -6 vitamin E, capsules
- essential oils or fragrance oil, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass bowl mix the salt, corn meal and coconut.
- Add the oil, mix.
- Add the liquid soap, mix.
- Cut the vitamin capsules open and add the oil, mix, add essential oil if using and mix well.
- Scoop into a container, plastic is preferred if using this in the shower.
- Use: Take out a finger full and rub/massage the body, rinse of with warm water.
- If using it in the shower, make sure you are on a non-slip surface!