Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A wonderful appetizer or side dish that involves no cooking. It's always a big hit at gatherings. I am frequently asked for this recipe and I'm happy to share it with you now!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup kraft zesty Italian dressing (no substitutions here)
- 1 ripened avocado, deseeded and diced
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 orange bell pepper, chopped (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 small jalapeno, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- Please note: The majority of the time spent preparing this dish is in chopping the items listed. However, you can use a food processor if you prefer to cut down on time (although the time is already fairly reasonable). If using a food processor, do not over chop or process the items, simply pulse the items so that the items are fairly intact and not mashed.
- When chopping items listed, be sure to chop them fairly small. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add all ingredients, making sure to add the Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing last. Mix well.
- For those who prefer a little bit of spice, add the jalapeno. Also, if you like a little more flavor, you can add slightly more dressing.
- Serve alone as a side dish or with corn chips as this makes a great dip.
This was the perfect side dish to our enchiladas. I did have a few changes so that is why i gave it only 4 stars. I used green bell pepper, no jalapeno, and sauteed all the ingredients in the dressing, adding the avocado on the side when served. Thanks for sharing! Will make many more times