Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delightful corn salsa is a perfect salsa for dipping and can be used to boost flavor or garnish a southwestern meal. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon pickled jalapeno pepper juice
- 2 tablespoons cider or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
Great fresh salsa. Easy to make and so versatile, we used it as a topping for fish and it was delicious.
Great salsa. I omitted the black olives because I am not a fan, otherwise I followed the recipe. I like that it uses pickled jalapenos because I usually have some on hand, and the addition of bell peppers which created not only a tasty but also a visually attractive dish. Thank you.
Used this recipe with Shrimp Quesadillas (#24119) for dinner. I used only canned diced chili peppers for all the peppers and added 1/4 teaspoon of chipolte seasoning to the mix, fresh minced garlic and to serve fresh parsley, no olives which I don't care for. We enjoy it. Doesn't get much simpler than this.