Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is accompanies many Latin meals. It has a simple lime dressing that allows the fresh flavors of the ingredients to shine. Corn, onions, cilantro, red pepper, and cubes of queso fresco (farmer's cheese) are tossed with a little bit of vegetable oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. If you can find frozen Andean choclo corn at your local Latin grocery, it is fantastic in this light, refreshing, and nutritious salad.
- 3 cups cooked corn kernels (frozen Andean choclo, if possible)
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces queso fresco (queso blanco, farmers cheese, or other fresh, unaged white cheese)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1.Whisk lime juice into oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2.Gently toss all ingredients together. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- 3.Serve chilled.
This was a bright, colorful fresh tasting salad that I served with grilled fish. I used really good olive oil instead of vegetable oil and leftover grilled corn. We enjoyed this. Thanks! Made for ZWT7
I got some fresh picked corn and couldn't bear to cook it, so used it raw. It was delicious and much enjoyed with an avocado burrito. Thanks!
Delicious, cool, summer salad. This was perfect to use leftover cooked corn on the cob. I especially loved the queso fresco in the salad. Very refreshing colors and flavors. Thanx!