Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great alternative to usual "Taco Salad", love the taste of the chili-cheese Fritos in it. Found in a Texas community cookbook I bought for my daugher-in-law. I obviously sneaked a peak at the recipes before she got it.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package Fritos chili cheese corn chips, use chili-cheese flavor only
- Drain corn and mix with onion, bell pepper, cheese and mayonnaise.
- Add the Fritos right before you serve.
This is such a refreshing salad.
This is really an outstanding recipe. Definitely a crowd pleaser. It's absolutely essential to use chili-cheese flavored Fritos, as the recipe states. You can make it ahead, just don't add the Fritos until you serve it. It does not keep well at all, but I rarely have any leftover when I take to a party.
This is oh so tasty. Easy to put together and even great cold. Great comfort food!