Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
THIS IS A RECIPE FOR CANNING. You have to let this sit in the jars for several weeks to achieve the true flavor. You canNOT eat immediately and get good results. This is very good with pork, turkey, etc. IT IS NOT A SALAD so to speak.
- 4 1⁄2 dozen corn, cut off cob
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 gallons tomatoes, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 gallon vinegar
- 12 green peppers, cut in small pieces
- 12 onions, cut in small pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 heads cabbage, shredded
- Put sugar, vinegar and salt in very lg pan on medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, corn, peppers, onions and the cabbage last.
- Bring to boil.
- Cook till veggies are hot and still firm.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Pour in hot jars, wipe mouth and cover with hot lids.