I found this little gem in one of those free booklets they give out in the grocery store. It's great as a side dish but could also be a vegetarian main course, served with salad and bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups corn kernels, cooked
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups asiago cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat; cook the onion, red pepper, carrots, salt, oregano and pepper, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in the rice for 1 minute.
- 3Pour in the boiling water and the corn; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- 5In a bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and flour; stir into the rice mixture.
- 6Stir in the Asiago cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 7Spread into a greased 8-inch square casserole dish.
- 8Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- 9Bake in the centre of a preheated 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Risotto Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.4
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 838.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: