Recipe by Brianne321
This has become a favorite holiday dish for me and my family after I got the recipe from a friend. Its a little time consuming but DEFINITELY worth it! Enjoy!
- 1 lb frozen corn
- 1⁄2 lb frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, if desired (or more)
- 1⁄2-1 cup of very finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw out the frozen corn and peas by running them under warm water in a strainer.
- Saute garlic, butter, mushrooms and chives in a large pan until butter is completely melted and mushrooms are soft.
- Add corn and peas and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook until almost completely reduced and then add the cream to the pan.
- Once it has completely reduced, put into serving bowl or casserole dish and mix in parmesan until melted and serve.