Recipe by Dib's
A good way to get rid of surplus corn or a really good corn deal-good with brats, dogs, and burgers.
Top Review by Jenny Webb
I thought this recipe sounded really good, and used it as a base to create Mexican Corn Relish #37294. Made a few changes, just mostly for taste. Thanks to Diana Neal for posting the original recipe.
- 22 ears corn
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ears of corn in boiling salted water for 4 minutes.
- Remove and plunge in ice water-strain-and cut corn from cob-you want 10 cups.
- Combine corn with remaining ingredients in a large pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Immediately pack into clean hot pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space; seal.
- Process for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath.