- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 thinly sliced small white onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat (the pan will contain only a small amount of liquid), then reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let the relish cool approximately 1 hour before serving.
- Serve as a condiment with hot dogs and hamburgers, or with grilled steak or chicken.
- The relish may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.