Recipe by Andtototoo!
This is a nice raita to have during the winter, when good tasting fresh vegetables are more difficult to obtain.
Top Review by Ivy Food Sleuth
This is a lovely raita.. I followed the recipe except I didn't have curry leaves so I added curry powder instead. I am sure it would have been five star with the leaves. Maybe I put too much curry powder, about a palm full? The hing makes it, by the way.
If anyone has any advice about the curry powder vs. leaves and amounts, I'd love to hear.
- 2 cups cooked frozen corn (or use canned)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 -4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 small minced serrano chili
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hing
- 6 -8 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a serving bowl put the yogurt, sour cream,corn, water and salt to taste.
- Add a little more water if the yogurt mixture is still too thick.
- Stir until smooth.
- In a small frying pan put the oil, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds.
- Heat over high heat until the mustard seeds have popped for about 10 seconds.
- Stir in the minced green chili pieces and cook until they soften.
- Remove from heat and stir in the hing and curry leaves. If desired, you can also add the corn here at the end rather than putting it in the yogurt right away.
- Pour the seasonings into the yogurt and stir to blend.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- I like to let this sit about 30-60 minutes before serving so that the flavors can marry before serving.