This is a nice raita to have during the winter, when good tasting fresh vegetables are more difficult to obtain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked frozen corn (or use canned)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 -4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 small minced serrano chili
- 1/8 teaspoon hing
- 6 -8 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1In a serving bowl put the yogurt, sour cream,corn, water and salt to taste.
- 2Add a little more water if the yogurt mixture is still too thick.
- 3Stir until smooth.
- 4In a small frying pan put the oil, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds.
- 5Heat over high heat until the mustard seeds have popped for about 10 seconds.
- 6Stir in the minced green chili pieces and cook until they soften.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in the hing and curry leaves. If desired, you can also add the corn here at the end rather than putting it in the yogurt right away.
- 8Pour the seasonings into the yogurt and stir to blend.
- 9Garnish with cilantro.
- 10I like to let this sit about 30-60 minutes before serving so that the flavors can marry before serving.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Raita
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 34.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: