Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This delicious vegetarian quesadilla recipe is from the cookbook Everyday Greens. The roasted poblanos really make it special.
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml corn kernels (cut from 2 to 3 ears)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 59.14 ml water
- oil, for pan
- 6 large flour tortillas, fresh if possible
- 354.88 ml white cheddar cheese, grated
- 78.07 ml cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 roasted poblano chiles, diced
- Mexican crema (or creme fraiche)
- 1 sprig cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan and add corn, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- Add scallion and water, cover and cook until corn is tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or griddle and add just enough oil to coat.
- Place 1 tortilla in pan and heat 30 seconds until soft, flip and heat other side.
- Repeat to heat all tortillas, adding oil to pan as needed.
- Keep them warm by covering with clean kitchen towels.
- Spread 1/3 cup corn mixture on half of each tortilla; follow with cheese and cilantro, distributing evenly over corn.
- Top each with diced chiles.
- Fold tortilla over filling.
- Heat skillet, adding oil as needed, and place 1 or 2 quesadillas in pan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, turning when crisp and golden to cook other side.
- Serve whole or cut in wedges.
- Garnish and serve with guacamole, crema, cilantro sprigs and salsa.
Oh yummy, this is good stuff!!! I could eat one of these everyday :P I used a Mexican blend cheese instead of the white cheddar. Served with some gaucamole!
Yum, this is a fun variation on a quesadilla! I subbed in corn tortillas to make it gluten free. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8