1/2 Photos of Corn Quesadillas
This delicious vegetarian quesadilla recipe is from the cookbook Everyday Greens. The roasted poblanos really make it special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups corn kernels (cut from 2 to 3 ears)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1/4 cup water
- oil, for pan
- 6 large flour tortillas, fresh if possible
- 1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 roasted poblano chiles, diced
- 1Heat olive oil in a medium pan and add corn, salt and pepper.
- 2Cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- 3Add scallion and water, cover and cook until corn is tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Transfer to a bowl.
- 5Heat a large cast-iron skillet or griddle and add just enough oil to coat.
- 6Place 1 tortilla in pan and heat 30 seconds until soft, flip and heat other side.
- 7Repeat to heat all tortillas, adding oil to pan as needed.
- 8Keep them warm by covering with clean kitchen towels.
- 9Spread 1/3 cup corn mixture on half of each tortilla; follow with cheese and cilantro, distributing evenly over corn.
- 10Top each with diced chiles.
- 11Fold tortilla over filling.
- 12Heat skillet, adding oil as needed, and place 1 or 2 quesadillas in pan.
- 13Cook over medium-low heat, turning when crisp and golden to cook other side.
- 14Serve whole or cut in wedges.
- 15Garnish and serve with guacamole, crema, cilantro sprigs and salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (1767 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.5
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.6 mg
- Sodium 1033.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 21.5 g