1/1 Photo of Corn Quesadillas
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
Nice flavors and textures for a quesadilla, with a nice jolt of spiciness from the chiles. Works out ok with flour tortillas as well as corn. From The Border Cookbook, posted for ZWT 3, Mexico.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 4 ounces thinly sliced mushrooms, preferably a wild variety such as portabello
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 canned chipotle chiles, minced
- 2 -3 teaspoons adobo sauce (from the chiles)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 corn tortillas
- 6 -8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- salsa (optional)
- 1preheat oven to 275.
- 2in a small skillet, warm the tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- 3add the onion and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- 4stir in the corn, mushrooms and salt and chipotles and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, till the vegetables are cooked through.
- 5on a griddle or in a large, heavy skillet, warm just enough oil to coat the surface, over medium heat.
- 6cover the first tortilla with about one quarter of the vegetable mixture, a similar amount of cheese and 1 or 2 t cilantro.
- 7top with a second tortilla.
- 8transfer the quesadilla to the skillet and cook till the cheese is melted and the tortillas are lightly browned and chewy-crispy, about a minute per side.
- 9drain, place the tortilla on a heat proof plate in the oven to keep warm.
- 10repeat the assembly and cooking process with the remaining tortillas and filling, adding as many to the skillet as will fit comfortably at one time.
- 11slice the quesadillas into wedges and serve hot, with salsa if desired.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.1
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 985.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: