- 1 (8 ounce) bag corn puffs
- 6 tablespoons butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Place corn puffs in a large roasting pan.
- Cook together butter, brown sugar, corn syrup for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add baking soda to the mix.
- This will cause the mixture to foam so make sure you use a 2 quart saucepan.
- Pour caramel mixture over corn puffs and stir until mixed.
- Place in a 250 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Stir at least every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour on wax paper and break apart.