Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you want no spice at all omit the jalapeno pepper. You can double the recipe and make it in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. You can make this into a sweet corn pudding by increasing the sugar to 6-7 tablespoons and omitting the Parmesan and shredded cheese. This recipe will lend itself well to really anything you want to add in.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
Very tasty! I used all milk and no cream, also left about a cup of corn kernels whole, so the results were probably less creamy than when making it as written - it may have also affected cooking time, because it seemed to take a while longer to set. But it tasted great - I'm glad I decided against adding cayenne because my jalapeno was really big and hot - it was just enough to add a kick to the pudding. Thanks for posting!
- 4 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels (can use a bit less)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- black pepper or cayenne
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (or to taste)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish.
- In a food processor blend the first 10 ingredients (up to the Parmesan cheese) until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and mix in jalapeno and Parmesan cheese; mix to combine and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour into buttered baking dish.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, remove and sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the center is set.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.