Recipe by Oolala
From a NJ magazine 11/2008, as a Thanksgiving recipe. This recipe is a twist on a southern favorite. It's also wonderful for a brunch or light lunch. A mix of white and yellow corn kernels are nice if you can find both.
- 3 cups corn kernels, can use thawed frozen corn
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 bunch chives, washed and snipped
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. And grease a broiler-safe casserole dish.
- Mix all ingredients except goat cheese and pour into casserole dish. Bake for about 1 hour, until set.
- Remove from oven and put goat cheese slices on top.
- Return to oven and broil until melted, about 2 to 4 minutes.