Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Weight Watchers Magazine, Sept./Oct. 2004. This is a Thanksgiving dish that serves 8 and is only 2 points per serving.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup canned cream-style corn
- 2 large eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Coat the bottom and sides with the bread crumbs.
- Bring the evaporated milk and cranberries to a simmer in a small saucepan.
- Meanwhile, combine the corn kernels, canned corn, eggs, egg whites, scallions, sage, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the hot mixture.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake until the pudding is set, the top puffs, and the edges are browned, about 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
a great addition to our families thanksgiving dinner. the breadcrumbs make a nice "crust" ill use more cranberries for an additional pop.
Served this as part of Christmas dinner, and it was not well received. Based on earlier review, I doubled the cranberries, but it was still very bland. Perhaps using fresh sage instead of dried? Or more herbs would help? Not sure. But this definitely tasted like