Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I am just in love with corn pudding. I began baking recipes found on "Zaar" which were very good, but I decided to try making it more to my liking.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish with margarine (Discard excess).
- Cook 3 slices of bacon until crispy. (Discard drippings).
- Chop bacon into small pieces.
- Melt butter (I use the microwave for approximately 25 seconds on high).
- Beat eggs, butter and spices together in a 2-quart bowl.
- Then add flour, creamed corn, light cream, & bacon and mix together until flour lumps are smooth.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- As it cools, the corn pudding deflates.
- Serve warm. (I love it chilled too!).
Very very good, even though it makes plenty, four of us finished it off, with a very very little left for me to take with me for lunch today! Easy to prepare, you just want to remember that it takes a while in the oven. Although the spices and seasoning are minimal, it doesn't need more than stated, the corn and bacon provide lots of flavour! Thank you for an excellent supper, Acadia!