Recipe by Bayou Andy
This tasty side dish is as attractive as it is good. The recipe came from Notably Nashville by the Junior League of Nashville.
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- red pepper, to taste
- 2 medium firm tomatoes, cut into 6 (1/2-inch slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees and butter (standard size) muffin tin.
- Combine the corn with the eggs, milk, salt and red pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon into buttered muffin cups, filling 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Place muffin pan in a larger pan with 1-inch hot water.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 20 minutes or until set.
- Arrange the tomato slices on a broiler pan.
- Broil until slices are just tender, but still hold their shape.
- Place on serving tray.
- Invert the muffin cups, onto a cookie sheet for flat surface, to remove the puddings.
- Using a pancake turner or large spatula, place 1 pudding on each broiled tomato slice.