Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups canned milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix cornstarch with 2T water to make a smooth paste.
- Add to #2 can of cream style corn (2-3 ears of fresh corn may be used when available).
- Beat eggs and add 3 c canned milk, 1T sugar, and salt to taste. Beat together and add to corn mixture.
- Pour into greased casserole or flat pan.
- Bake in slow (300 degree) oven until consistency of custard, 50-60 minutes, until knife comes out clean when inserted.
DH and DS who both love creamed corn gave this 4 stars. Would have been 5 but they felt that it was not firm enough. That could be my fault as I cut the eggs to 4 because I used only 12 Oz's of milk as I was making it for the two of them. It was set and the knife came out clean when I tested it. They thought the flavor was excellent and said that they would be happy to have it again if I can firm it up a bit.
Fantastic recipe. I had to scale down the servings though, so this is what I did: I used 1 can cream corn 1 egg and almost all of one can of carnation evaporated milk. I just eye balled it, and I think there was a 1/4 of the can left. I did not add any salt though and 2 tbsp sugar it turned out PERFECT!!!