Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An amazing sidedish. Serve this with sausages and a salad. It smells wonderful while it is cooking
- 4 eggs
- 1 (17 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter, cut into bits
- Beat eggs until thick.
- Stir in corn.
- Beat dry ingredients with milk until smooth. Stir into corn mixture.
- Pour into well greased Crock Pot.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover and cook on Low setting 7-9 hours, or High setting 3-4 hours.
I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe. The cooking time was a little off. It only took about 2 hours on high and 2 hours on low. (It was browning so fast I got nervous and turned it down.) I added a little basil to it. I also think next time I'll either add some caramelized onions or green onions to the mix. But overall it was a hit. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I have a big crock pot and I think it cooks a little hot, and this ended up burning slightly after only 5 hours on low. Even with the slightly burned top, it was fantastic! Tastes just like the kind I used to get ina little mexican restaurant here. I made it with fat free half and halfto cut calories :)