Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was my father's corn pudding recipe. He adapted it from a Southern Living recipe in the early 1980's.
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish, then mix together the corn, flour and sugar in the baking dish.
- Add milk, beaten eggs, and vanilla and stir well.
- Arrange slices of butter on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set in a preheated 350 degree oven, stirring several times during the first half hour.
- NOTE: Stirring is very important; also,cooking time may vary depending upon the moisture content of the corn you are using.
Good southern meal. Very simplistic yet very flavorful. The first time I made it I did exactly as directed. The second time around I used a tad less sugar and a little more flour. Thanks for posting the recipe!
Loved the simplicity and ease of this recipe. I used fresh corn and a bit less sugar. I was skeptical about adding the vanilla, so I used less, but I think it added a nice subtle flavor. Texture was just right. Thanks.
This was very tasty. I made it for Christmas.