Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
This was my father's corn pudding recipe. He adapted it from a Southern Living recipe in the early 1980's.
Top Review by mmmm foood
Good southern meal. Very simplistic yet very flavorful. The first time I made it I did exactly as directed. The second time around I used a tad less sugar and a little more flour. Thanks for posting the recipe!
- 2 cups corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish, then mix together the corn, flour and sugar in the baking dish.
- Add milk, beaten eggs, and vanilla and stir well.
- Arrange slices of butter on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set in a preheated 350 degree oven, stirring several times during the first half hour.
- NOTE: Stirring is very important; also,cooking time may vary depending upon the moisture content of the corn you are using.