Recipe by mandabears
This is such an great and easy recipe! We make it every Thanksgiving - we usually end up doubling it and putting it in a 13x9 pan, because every one loves it so much! It also goes great with ham. It's only slightly sweet, and REALLY corny - plus it reheats great for leftovers.
- 8 tablespoons butter or 8 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 cup sour cream, i use light sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (9 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, optional
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 8x8 pan or a 2-quart casserole with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, sour cream, and egg.
- Stir in the cans of corn and the muffin mix.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for one hour.
- If you want to use the cheese- we don't use it- add it after 45 minutes cooking time and stir it in well.
- The mixture will brown only slightly, but it should be set in the middle and slightly puffed.