Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Fresh corn pudding makes a great side dish to a baked ham dinner.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, salt, oregano, sugar, and ground pepper; blend well.
- In large bowl, combine the corn, onion, bell pepper, eggs, and cheese; mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture and then the cream and butter.
- Pour in large buttered casserole. Place the casserole in a 9x13-inch pan that has a least 1 inch of hot water in it.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until set.