Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
My aunt has been making this every Holiday since I was a child since I didn't like vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups frozen corn (I use frozen, but canned can be used)
- Over low heat melt butter. Once butter is melted add flour and stir until blended. Add sugar.
- Slowly add milk small amounts at a time to prevent clumping. Cook until thickens.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and add corn. Mix well. Add roux to corn and egg mixtures mixing until combined. Pour into a 1qt casserole dish. Cook at 375 for 15 minutes and then lower temperature to 350 for another 35 minutes.