Recipe by SeriousMoms
This is from a cookbook of old pioneer recipes.
Top Review by Kitchen Witch Steph
The family said they like it but there was a lot leftover. I wonder if part of why we didn't fall in love with this recipe was the onion in the pudding. I will probably take what is left and bake it into cornbread later in the week. I'm sure this will be someone else's cup of tea. We do appreciate you posting it for us to try. Made for Spring PAC 2008.
- 2 cups corn
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn, milk, butter and beaten eggs.
- Separately combine flour, sugar, salt and onion.
- Stir dry ingredients into corn mixture.
- Pour into a buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
- Set dish in a pan of hot water.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-60 minuts.