Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I am in trouble if I don't make this for any holiday dinner. It is a long-standing tradition and family favorite.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 12 ears) or 6 cups frozen whole kernel corn or 6 cups canned white shoepeg corn, drained
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, and butter.
- Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn.
- Pour into a lightly greased oblong baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes OR until golden brown and set.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
My family went ape-sh#% crazy over this corn dish. I served it for Thanksgiving. I had to use frozen corn but I can't wait to try it with fresh corn. Excellent sweet, creamy flavor. Thank you for this recipe.
Used half and half instead of cream. Delicious.
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving for a samll group and they loved it. I used half & half ans splenda in place of sugar and heavy cream and it was delicious. It is Xmas eve and I am gonna make it again this time with all the sugar and fat for a crew that likes rich tasting food and you only live once!!! My Nana used to make hers more on the savory side...so I hope they like it. So far thumbs up. Oh and I agree with one of the other reviews.... use a shallow pan... everyone want a little of the brown sweet crust.